joshjamison PRO+
joshjamison

Photo



Views

969

Likes

Awards

Zenith Award
Top Shot Award 21
Spring 21 Award
Featured
  View more
Peer Award
Superb Composition
Kasihous Alineelopesc mwebber048629 Jhewitt1954 glasgo KJFC_Photographics edandaniphone +9
Outstanding Creativity
joverzackvillamede jashvillanueva Manni aspenramos Josephf1617 Laurenmccarthy rachelsprowls +7
Absolute Masterpiece
nickgrayston christinamodrell kevingoldsmith_0801 ivarsduntavs mypStudio7 shelleytemplelarter M1_WRX +6
Top Choice
Chuckysphotography--EK lindaclark Graceseabolt aigerimkubanychbekkyzy Sheehan2929 giuliamarsupini narifahhadjimalik +6
Magnificent Capture
bellartnella Freeuser2010 bobbycurtiss OBRonTyan
Superior Skill
mcampi The-Venerable-Stan stigfagerli
All Star
mariadel enriquekapie
Virtuoso
DebbieBayless12

Emotions

Impressed
Poodlemom2012 giants2856 petercarelli wiemnasri diveshmenon Himoo IwanMSetiawan +12
Happy
elikatee NimbusPhotographyHawaii shehanirangafernando

Top Ranks

Color Explorer Photo ContestTop 10 rank
Color Explorer Photo ContestTop 10 rank week 1

Categories


7 Comments | Report
joshjamison PRO+
 
joshjamison October 23, 2020
Thank you so much 🙏🏼 greatly appreciated.
glendamarshall
 
glendamarshall November 28, 2020
Stunning
joshjamison PRO+
 
joshjamison November 28, 2020
Thank you 🙏🏼
k00r0shBPhotoGraphy
 
k00r0shBPhotoGraphy March 01, 2021
Beautiful shot!
joshjamison PRO+
 
joshjamison March 01, 2021
Thank you so much!
DAsEye PRO+
 
DAsEye November 18, 2021
Great use of color
joshjamison PRO+
 
joshjamison November 18, 2021
Thank you. I didn’t hold back with the color.
See all

Behind The Lens

Location
I shot this silk rose at my home studio using a light box. I used a piece of red/orange construction paper as a backdrop, and a Piece of textured cardboard as a base. Honestly, I was very surprised at the positive reaction to this image because it’s very simple. However, it felt pretty good to see the response.
Time
It was obviously shot indoors, and I can’t recall what time it was shot.
Lighting
I wish I had a more exciting story about this but I really just wanted to create more of a graphic image, and I decided to use a silk rose in my house as the subject. My intention was more to focus on the monochromatic element.
Equipment
My equipment for this shot: light box, Canon 5D Mark IV, Sigma 35mm art series.
Inspiration
Often times inspiration strikes. I was playing around with colors that day, and looking around the house for some things that I thought might look cool. This was the result.
Editing
It was edited in post process using light room. Are use light room for about 95% of my post processing, and photo shop for the remaining 5% when needed.
In my camera bag
Camera bodies: Canon 5D Mark IV, Canon 7D Mark II. Lenses: Canon 70-200mm, Sigma 35mm Art Series, Tamron 17-35mm, Canon 75-300mm (this lens I don’t use often but I keep it in the bag.
Feedback
Have confidence in the process. Don’t be afraid to try unusual things because you think they’re silly..often times they will lead you to something much more substantial and satisfying. Further, knowing your own process through discovery is probably one of the best investments you can make in yourself. Remember, creativity doesn’t come evenly… It comes in waves and it can’t be forst. My advice is to practice as much as humanly possible, and don’t be discouraged when you have days that just aren’t clicking. Ultimately, you are the instrument of value; much more than any of your gear. Spend the time learning, and create as often as you can. Believe in yourself!

See more amazing photos, follow joshjamison

VIEWBUG
Join to share your photos
Already have a VIEWBUG account? Log In

*By signing up, you agree to our Terms of Use and to receive VIEWBUG emails & updates and acknowledge that read our Privacy Policy.